Fleas can pose a serious health risk to pets and humans. Eliminate them from your place with Poway Pest Control’s flea control service.
Affordable & Reasonable Rates
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
FLEA EXTERMINATOR IN POWAY
Fleas are small and wingless. Their bodies are reddish brown in color and shiny, covered with tiny hair and are compressed to enable for easy movement through animal fur. Both pets and humans can suffer from flea bites. Despite the fact that most fleas don’t live on humans, they can bite humans bringing an uncomfortable itch or rash.
Flea season commonly peaks during the hot days, but these pests can actually be a constant problem. The time to start looking for them – and taking preventative measures to protect your pet from them is during the spring. But, if you see that your pet is scratching more often and with greater rush, you should check your pet immediately to determine whether or not fleas are present.
TALK TO AN EXPERT NOW!
Flea Itchy Facts
- Fleas can jump around 30 thousand times in a row.
- They can also jump very high.
- Fleas can lift objects 150 times heavier than their own body weight.
- Once adult fleas emerge from their puparia, they have approximately 7 days to find a blood meal or they will die.
- Females can consume 15 times their own body weight in blood on a daily basis.
- Female fleas can lay about 2,000 eggs over the course of their lives, but are incapable of laying eggs until after their first meal.
- Once they have had their first blood meal, female fleas will lay their eggs within 35 to 48 hours.
- Flea eggs are usually laid directly on a host, often falling off and spreading the infestation to the surrounding environment.
- Over 2500 species of fleas have been identified by entomologists but many more are thought to exist. Entomologists are scientists who study insects.
Signs of Fleas Infestation
- Flea Eggs – Female adult fleas usually lay their eggs in secretive places like on your pet’s bedding, under furniture, crevices, holes and carpets.
- Bites – rashes or lesions can be caused by fleas. These nasty little critters bite with a painful sting, leaving you or your pet irritated and red bumps or welts can show up after being bitten.
- Scratching – Do you find yourself or your pets scratching more than the usual? This is the foremost and obvious sign of a Flea infestation. Fleas tend to build their habitat in furry animals in hard to reach places like their head, armpits, tail and groin.
Flea Droppings – Have you been noticing any black pepper like specks on your pet’s body? That would most likely be flea feces, to identify it isn’t just any rubbish that got caught in your pet’s fur, get a few of these and drop them in water.
Get Rid Of Fleas For Good
To determine if you have a flea problem, check your pet. Move back their fur to search for fleas or fleabites on the skin. Additionally, if they have been scratching more often, this may be a sign they’ve got fleas. Take your pet to the veterinarian, and then have your home treated professionally by a pest control expert. Only then can you control your fleabites and stop further itchy, scratchy bumps.
If you find yourself battling tiny red bites after a day in your property, call us today!
Is It Possible To Have Fleabites Even Though You Don’t Have Pets?
Yes. If you don’t have a pet, your fleabites could be coming from your yard or another person’s pet. Fleas prefer tall grass and shaded areas near decks, woodpiles, or storage buildings. Just as pet owners have to treat their homes if they become infested, getting rid of an outdoor flea infestation may require you to treat your property.
SERVICES WE OFFER IN POWAY
Ants are extremely capable and intelligent insects. Though harmless, they can be a problem when they invade into your home or business property.
Living with bed bugs, not to mention sleeping with them, can be very uncomfortable and unhealthy. Don’t allow bed bugs in your home keep you up at night, or bed bugs found in your hotel keep your guests complaining.
There are many different types of cockroaches to keep an eye out. No matter what kind you discover in your home or commercial property, it’s best to have them exterminated immediately.
Flea infestations constantly come from a pet dog or cat. The pests attach to the animal when it is outside, and then infest its fur and the places it sleeps indoors.
Termites are a serious matter. In only a short period of time, a termite colony can cause lots of dollars worth of structural damage to your home. When you have a feeling termites on your property, you need to act right away.
Spiders are frequently one of the most terrifying pests. Though beneficial for our ecology, most people choose spiders to stay outside where they belong.
Treat Your Flea Problem Immediately
Poway Pest Control is a locally-owned residential and commercial pest control company for more than a decade. We are locally owned company that is well established in our local communities. We are dedicated to protecting your home, your office, or any property that you may own from the pests that invade into your residential living and working area. We provide a top-notch and timely pest control exterminator service to our clients.