Because Americans are traveling near-record numbers this spring, an increase in bed bug occurrences cannot be ruled out. This Sunday, June 4, marks the start of National Bed Bug Awareness Week. Poway CA, your friendly pest, mosquito, termite, and rodent control specialist, would want to assist you in keeping bed bugs out of your summer vacation or business trips and out of your house when you return.
Here are some precautions you may take to keep yourself and your family safe:
- Before you go on vacation, check travel websites to see whether your hotel has been reported to have bed bugs.
- Before you unpack, examine the whole room, or rooms, for bed bugs. Look under the light fixtures, beneath the headboard, and inside dressers, drawers, sofas, and chairs.
- Remove the covers and look for pepper-like stains, patches, or cast-off bed bug skins in the mattress seams and box springs, particularly around the corners.
- Bed bugs may spread swiftly via housekeeping carts, luggage, and wall outlets. When an infestation spreads, it often begins in the rooms nearest the source.
- Only unpack your day’s clothes, and keep your shoes on the floor.
- Keep your belongings in the bathtub or on a tile floor since these are the least likely places for bed bugs to reside.
- When you go home, carefully check your things for bed bugs, including your clothing.
- Unpack your baggage outdoors or in the garage, then wash or dry everything for at least 10 minutes on the highest temperature setting.
BED BUG FACTS
Here are some fascinating bed bug facts to wow – and maybe offend – your pals at your next trivia night. Surprisingly, there is a lot to know about bed bugs:
- Bed bugs are prevalent throughout the globe and are supposed to have arrived in the United States in the 17th century from Europe.
- Bed bugs mostly prey on people but may also feed on birds, mice, and household pets.
- Adults are around a quarter-inch long, flat, and oval-shaped compared to most other insects.
- Bed bugs may deposit up to 500 eggs in their lives and one to five eggs every day.
- Bed bugs may live for months without eating blood.
- Temperatures ranging from near-freezing to 122 degrees Fahrenheit are no match for bed bugs.
- Bed bugs absorb blood for around five minutes before returning to digest.
- Hatchling bed bugs are small enough to fit through a mattress stitching hole.
- Bed bugs can consume blood seven times their body weight, like a large man drinking 120 liters of water.
- Bed bug saliva contains anesthetic components that cause increased blood flow at the bite site. The bed bug can feed quickly and painlessly without waking the host.
POWAY PEST CONTROL COMPANY PROVIDES BED BUG SOLUTIONS
A skilled pest specialist begins an efficient bed bug treatment method by thoroughly assessing all known and suspected hiding places. This is not a problem that can be resolved by doing it yourself.
If you believe your house has bed bugs, call (619) 333-8975 or visit our website California’s trusted and friendly bed bug and pest treatment specialist. We can do a professional evaluation, provide an accurate diagnosis, and, if necessary, give a multi-tiered control and preventive program suited to your specific requirements. Poway Pest Control Company thanks you for your assistance in keeping pests away from your home and yard until the next time.